As the pyramid to the right points out, nutrition is the foundation on which all advances in strength and sport can be made. Nutrition is always the first place to look when achieving comprehensive health and wellness, and is where the “rubber meets the road,” so to speak.
We believe that food and nutrition is a very personal experience, and that each person has a unique and complex relationship with food. People also have different needs for nutrition, depending on their athletic goals and active (or sedentary) lifestyles. A person aiming to lose 20 pounds will have different needs than a person looking to compete in an Ironman race. We always aim to honor food as a powerful and sacred source of energy, health, and performance and guide our athletes towards the most rewarding relationship they can have with food.
Back pocket rules:
• "Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise, but not body fat." -Greg Glassman
• "Eat The 3 Q’s (Quality, Quality, and Quality)
• If you can’t pronounce what’s in it, you shouldn’t eat it.
• Drink more water. And then drink some more.
• A colorful plate is a happy plate.
• You are what you eat- respect yourself through the food choices you make. But please resist the urge to attach your self-worth to your last meal.
• Food is not a punishment or a reward.
• If you can’t remember what your last meal was, start paying more attention.
• Would you leave your car’s gas tank on empty? Would you not change the oil? Treat your body like the well-oiled and smart machine it is meant to be, and give it what it needs.
• Food is more than micro and macronutrients. Take time and joy in preparing beautiful food, give thanks regularly, and share your meals with family and friends whenever possible.
• A few questions to ponder: What season is it right now, and how does that impact my food choices? How far did this food have to travel to get to me? Who farmed my food and what methods were used?
• Failing to plan is a plan to fail.
• Have you eaten protein recently?
Our health coaching services are an excellent way to explore your relationship and goals regarding food and comprehensive health. Please visit our health coaching page to find our more. Please be aware that we are not licensed nutritionists or counselors; we approach nutrition through a exercise performance lens, and health coaching will approach it through a mind-body-spirit lens.
At the gym, we offer a variety of protein supplements and essential vitamins for our athletes. We work with a variety of local and national companies and services to provide our athletes with the best, cleanest products available, including Pure Pharma, Progenex, 3FU3L, Endurox, Perfect Foods Bars, IsoPure, and Nutriex. These products are excellent partners in helping to achieve your ideal body composition while optimizing your performance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-699-4864 to find out more about our the customized performance and weight loss nutrition services that we offer.